Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator
The Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator, with direction from the Corporate EHS Manager, will support the oversight, guidance, and adherence for environmental and safety programs for all of Novae Corp to bring best practices, stability, regulatory compliance, and continuity among all brands. In collaboration with the Operations and Human Resources teams, drive the safety culture to one of taking care of each other through training, assessments, written program creation and auditing, and direct involvement in with projects and tasks from safety committees.
Essential Functions for the role include:
- Administration of the Executive Safety Committee through coordination of meetings, keeping of agendas and minutes, and monitoring of action items to keep initiatives on track.
- Ownership of all facets of timely and accurate environmental permitting and testing.
- Ensure compliance through subject matter expert knowledge with federal, OSHA, state, and local regulations by:
- training our workforce, collaborating with training team when necessary,
- auditing all environmental, safety, and emergency response plans,
- monitoring OSHA required programs,
- reviewing the environmental compliance and safety of processes, equipment, and facilities, making recommendations where needed, and
- participating in and scheduling mock audits for learning opportunities.
- Assist leadership with investigation process to bring root cause analysis for environmental and safety incidents and near misses. Teach best practices, refine, and ensure consistency across all brands.
- Administration of the Corrective Action / Preventative Action audit tracking process.
- Manage First Responder program – work through operations and human resources for recruitment of First Responders, decisions on training content relevant to locations, coordination of delivery of training, ensure drills are completed, and ensuring compliance of First Aid / AED certifications.
- With guidance from Corporate EHS leadership, support execution and accountability for Plant Managers relating to the Safety Committees’ performance and the Safety Behavior Observation program.
- Support the response to all OSHA complaints and the internal resolution process across Novae Corp.
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend necessary edits for Job Safety Analyses. With guidance from leadership make needed updates.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, or related field, or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities.
- Minimum three years of experience within similar role in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience in training groups of people from different areas of the organization on environmental and safety topics to ensure learning.
- This individual in this role must be flexible. As Novae continues to grow and develop, the challenges of the role and the training opportunities for others will continually change!
- Must be able to travel to all locations; this is likely to be about 25% of the time.
- Experience with air, stormwater, and wastewater permitting, reporting adherence to OSHA safety standards, environmental, operational permits, and execution, preferred.
- Experience with laboratory testing, analysis of results, and report writing, preferred.
- Knowledge of First Aid, confined space entry, LOTO, and process safety management, preferred.
Click available position to learn more and apply.