The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design, verify, build, and validation of new products, as well as improvements to existing products. Drive continuous improvement across Sure-Trac® manufacturing plants through process improvements, creation and/or use of existing quality systems including 5S/Lean and Six-Sigma.
- Implement product and process improvements through the design change process with a strong focus on verification tools to predict success and safety.
- Improve plant performance in the areas of efficiency and labor through product and process change.
- Facilitate change in the organization through data gathering to prioritize activities and using the data to validate positive impact.
- Initiate and review engineering change orders. Update bills of materials (BOM) across product line, as necessary. Coordinate BOM management with all departments; coordinating with purchasing for special materials, reviewing sales and production orders for correct interpretation and feasibility.
- Be instrumental in the creation, training, and implementation of a quality system to drive a consistent stable process as well to drive process improvement.
- Take initiative to recommend and develop processes with respect to engineering and manufacturing areas to drive consistency in approach, methods, and results. Support Engineering team in implementing new processes to ensure consistency in approach and methodologies across all plants in the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology preferred, or demonstrated skills and abilities. Associate’s degree and experience will be considered.
- Experience in a design/manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated use of Mechanical Engineering verification tools/techniques, ISO/QS Quality systems, projects resulting in cost/quality/delivery improvements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on trouble shooting skills to find solutions in high pressure situations and implement solutions in area of responsibility.
- Engineering theory hand calculations as well as use of FEA for verification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – effectively present important messages at all levels of the organization
- Teamwork beyond an average level, ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively to achieve mutual goals throughout the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and drawing software.
- Advanced level of influence and negotiation skills
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations
- Knowledge of basic electric circuity and hydraulic systems
- Ability learn product line to become subject matter expert
- Ability to prioritize workload and balance multiple projects simultaneously, including following through on commitments
- Empathy. Treat all individuals with respect and dignity – see all sides of a situation.
- Active learner. Continuously expand knowledge for the good of the company.
- Big picture mindset. See the end goal and identify the plan for success.
- Flexibility. Be open for change and willing to continually revise created material to best fit the needs of whole team.
CLICK AVAILABLE POSITION TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY.
CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF AVAILABLE JOBS ON OUR CAREER PORTAL.