The Payroll Specialist is responsible for performing and coordinating payroll for a growing trailer manufacturer ensuring over 450 employees are paid on a timely basis each week. Adhere to payroll processes and procedures with accuracy.
- Responsible for processing, verifying, and submitting weekly payroll and benefits in a timely manner using our payroll system, ADP.
- Review timecards and the weekly attendance bonus policy for accuracy.
- Maintain compliance of wage and hours laws.
- Work closely with managers, supervisors, and Human Resources to support and resolve timecard issues and coding questions.
- Processing new hire paperwork, terminations, and payroll changes.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
- Perform administrative duties such as personnel file maintenance.
- Maintain and document all payroll records.
- Assist is regular audits of all payroll records.
- Respond to employee and third-party inquiries regarding payroll issues and verifications.
- Knowledge of and ability to keep up to date on payroll and tax laws.
- Reconciliation of employee benefit invoicing.
- Attend payroll team meetings to discuss goals, metrics, and continuous improvement ideas.
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll information and records.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma and some college level classes
- Experience with payroll systems, preferably ADP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a professional phone etiquette
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Must be able to work independently in fast paced office environment
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Willing to submit a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Click available position to learn more and apply.